September 20th, 2009

smirking half-hawk

d'oh.

So, for last Hallowe'en, I made myself a lab coat. Due to an unexpected work crisis, I ended up having 12 hours less to work on it the weekend of CHEESE than I had planned. I got rushed, and the coat made it through the night, but I took a lot of shortcuts and accepted a lot of shoddy work. Most notably, the sleeves (my first sort of drafted/tailored sleeves) were messed up, since I hadn't gotten the gather right and ended up with the notches cut into the pattern to help it bend sticking out through the seam.

For an upcoming party, I decided to take the excuse opportunity to fix the coat and get it to a more usable state. Part of this was pulling off the sleeves to reattach them. I got them taken off, and figured out the right setting on my sewing machine so that I can do the gather properly.

First problem; when I took the sleeves off, I didn't label them, so I don't know which is which.
Second problem; I figured I could just go to the website where I got the instructions on how to draft the sleeves. It has gone down and the google cache is useless without pics.

I'll figure it out eventually, but man - this stuff never works out to be simple.