So, the game is this: I give you a couple of song lyrics from each of the first 20 songs (with lyrics) that play when I hit "random", and you try to identify what song they're from.
I had an inordinate amount of fun doing this last time.
I've excluded songs that are instrumental, have only one lyric, and songs where I can't make out the lyrics and can't find the text online.
This time I also saved the answers, so I won't have to spend time checking to see if people are right...
"Sometimes a father's touch means security, and then she closed her eyes."Porcelain by Moby. Found by tetsab
- "And the visions, they keep coming, I keep hearing my angel fall"
- "On the shelf, I have six buckets, and they're all for you"
- "Innocent men, women and Children. Everybody! ... A New World Order. The world could wait no longer. "
- "They're only little tears, baby, let them fall"
"In my dreams I'm dying all the time"Porcelain by Moby. Found by tafkar
"Never guessed it got this good, wondered if it ever would, really didn't think it could, do it all the time?I know that we should!!!"Mint Car by The Cure. Found by tetsab
"put us on display for everyone to see, we write the words for all to understand"Dead Stars by Covenant. Found by tafkar
"Time may change me, but I can't trace time"Changes by David Bowie. Found by hippybngstockng and tafkar
" Hold the secret close I hear you say"Cuts You Up by Peter Murphy. Found by tafkar
- "Then Autumn comes with amber eyes, pale as the night"
"I want to violate you, I want you to hurt me again"After Hours by Covenant. Found by tafkar
- "Day close purple sky, somehow nothing seems real"
- "too... a bit too fast... like a brain catch"
- "i was born to stare at who stares back at me"
- "our wailing anguish - so stripped away "
"If you open your mouth, I cannot be responsible"Fascination Street by The Cure. Found by tafkar
- "You know I'm not a saint you knew it all this time"
- "I was the fire below the feet of Joan of Arc"
- "speak to me baby, in the middle of the night"
I really want to get linux working again, so I can rip the big stack of CDs I have waiting for me. It's sad, but I don't really listen to music if it's not on a hard drive.
I should really be in bed...