1) Whither away?
2) Road trip?
My first will be next week, to ACUS! For certain definitions of road trip.
3) Free Will: Comforting Illusion, Ultimate Power, or Self-limiting Handicap?
Since identity and self are illusionary side effects of randsom interactions fo chemicals, I will go with illusion. I don't know about comforting, though.
4) Why Odin?
Because he paid for everything he got with his own blood and pain.
5) Is there a way to be unique without distancing yourself from others? Can one define one's personality in opposition to something?
Everyone's unique. No two people are wholly identical. Uniqueness is a binary property. Let's discuss, instead, another property which I will, for the sake of discussion, differentness, which does have a sliding scale. The more different one is from others, the more difficulty one wil have relating to them. There can be a balance, though, between extremes.
One can define one's self in opposition to something - people do it all the time. Anti-this, anti-that. In a lot of cases, it's easier to say what one isn't than it is to say what one is.
1. What is your perfect meal?
This is highly variable. Today, I say curry.
2. Why do you like whiskey so much?
Because it tastes so good! And it has a sifficiently complex flavour to keep me interested.
3. If you didn't have to work, what would you do?
Everything! Learn to blacksmith. Paint more. Study martial arts more. Learn how to make my own clothes. Learn how to design my own clothes for other people to make. In brief, learn more, and create more.
4. Paper or plastic?
Plastic makes better garbage bags (except in Guelph), but paper makes for better costume and craft material.
5. Who would you most like to meet? (Anyone, living, dead, fictional)
This is a really hard question. Most of the people I look up to, I wouldn't actually want to meet. I'm too antisocial for that. For today, I'll say GWB, so I could kick him in the junk, or Lady Callahan, because I think she'd be really fascinating to talk to.
1. What would your ideal extended vacation be?
A couple weeks each in London, Scotland, Franvce, Germany, Italy, Japan, with maybe a trip to the North Pole and Antarctica in there. Actually, I also liek the idea of driving north along the ice roads to the northen most populated point in North America.
2. What is your favourite movie?
This changes weekly. Today, it's Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.
3. Why monkeys?
4. If you could live else-when, when would it be?
In the future, where nanotech has made many phsyical ailements curable.
5. What is your favourite meal?
You and Lizard really are sisters! To be paradoxical, I will give you a different answer, and say French toast with fried meats.