Curgoth (curgoth) wrote,
Curgoth
curgoth

Masks

Progress has occurred on both mask projects. The skull mask has all the teeth and cheek bones glued on - now I need to go around and clean up the edges with some epoxy putty, then start painting it. The birch mask now has four hair protrusions. I'm still trying to work out exactly how I'm going to work the second row - it will depend s on how "full" the first row ends up looking. I think I'm going to end up just tying loops in string around the cedar "hair" for the second row - cedar bark isn't strong enough to support drilled holes without splitting, so knot and glue are the better choice, I think.

Fabric purchasing for the Masque of the Red Death costume is probably going to have to wait until next weekend, I think, since this weekend is promising to try to kill me, scheduling-wise - or at least, Saturday is. Sunday, I intend to do laundry and sleep.
Tags: creative_projects
Subscribe

  • Gluten free bannock

    I started with these two recipes: Plain Larded I used the first as my "savoury" base, and the second as my sweet base. I used mostly the…

  • two new recipes

    Recipe one: dinner. My jaw is still messed up, so I wanted something that required little to no chewing. neeuqdrazil was nice enough to…

  • New Recipe Night Food Porn

    This is a relatively simple if time consuming recipe for Dal Puri (aka Dal Poori). Stage one: the lentils! (because there has to be lentils). Take…

  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 4 comments