Tagged by the ever-lovely corbet
20 things you may or may not know about me.
- I'm a very touch-oriented person, but I generally won't initiate physical contact with someone unless I have explicit permission to do so. I generally can't tell when a person is comfortable with being touched or not, so I don't.
- I need a lot less time alone than I used to, and, conversely, need company a lot more than I used to.
- I am hypersensitive to most stimulants - caffeine, nicoteine and pseudoephedrine all hit me harder than normal. A full cup of coffee sets me vibrating. A cup of mark and spencer's double malt tea keeps me up for two days straight. Ditto for a dose of sudafed or reactine. Before I got mono and developed hypothyroidism, I could handle caffeine without any problems.
- I am very patient and stubborn, frequently to a fault. I keep going long after I've given up hope of success.
- I have an intense dislike of talking on phones.
- I have an exceptionally strong sweet tooth, but I'm not terribly excited about chocolate.
- Before I discovered programming, I wanted to be a graphic artist, because it seemed to be the best way to get paid to draw. I later determined that I lack the talent to do art professionally.
- I hate both Christmas and Valentine's Day, mostly because I have had far too many bad experiences with the traditions surrounding both holidays.
- I didn't "date" until I was 20.
- I don't like crowded places - they put me into defensive mode.
- I am sick of pizza, and will likely remain so for some time.
- I grew up without dairy or sugar, and regularly saw a homeopathic doctor. My parents tried several times to get my brother and I to be vegetarians.
- I spent three years studiously avoiding gluten before discovering that what I really needed was more fibre. This was the end of my relationship with homeopathy/naturopathy/et al.
- I have a bad history with calculus.
- I have a high pain threshold - not a high tolerance. My joints bend to near the point of breaking/damaging before I feel any pain.
- I am a second generation Waterloo Computer Science drop-out.
- I'm 20 lbs overweight.
- I'm a dilettante - I do a lot of things moderately well, and enjoy doing them. I code for a living because one can get paid fairly well as a mediocre coder.
- I don't trust people.
- I'm an athiest in the "don't believe that there is any kind of god" sense.
- I'm trying to reconcile the last point with my own version of paganism.
- I'm an incurable pessimist.
- I love Hallowe'en, and wearing costumes in general. Only lack of interest in anime keeps me from cosplay, and mistrust of "period police" keeps me from the SCA.
- I don't want to have children.
- I need clutter to feel comfortable.
People tagged: grrlgoddess,delerium69,tafkar,webby,whynotsteve