2005 in review meets the song meme; 39 questions about the past year, answered using only song lyrics.
1. What did you do in 2005 that you've never done before?
Breathe, breathe you fucker.
2. Did you keep your New Years' Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
What difference does it make?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I am the replicant, to hell with the gods.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Who wants to live forever?
5. What countries did you visit?
And All Across America
The Poison Fires Glow
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
Rouge and eyeline, features so fine.
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched in your memory, and why?
Wake me up when September ends.
So we came to February.
8. What was your biggest achievement in 2005?
Are you alive?
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't exist when you don't see me.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Now I'm feeling zombiefied.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Sing this corrosion to me.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Le Tigre family and friends, I hope this feeling never ends.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
So God Forgive America
The End Of History Is Now
14. Where did most of your money go?
Ignore the machine.
15. What did you get really, really excited about?
It's Friday, I'm in love.
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Coin operated boy
17. Compared to this time last year are you:
Happier or Sadder? Happiness pie
Thinner or Fatter? Bodyburn.
Richer or Poorer? Hey Poor! You don't have to be poor any more! JESUS is here!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
You have loved enough
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Panic on the streets of Carlyle
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
And I gained an addiction to drink and depression.
21. Did you fall in love in 2005?
When I am with you, I feel flames again
22. How many one night stands?
I love slow, slow but deep.
23. What was your favourite TV Program?
There's a House in New Orleans, they call the Rising Sun.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate last year?
I don't care if Monday's black, Tuesday, Wednesday, heart attack.
25. What was the best book you read?
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
Kiss me, kiss me, kiss me.
28. What did you want and not get?
I just want something I can never have.
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Get on the bus, the Spadina bus.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My girlfriend's girlfriend, she's my girl too.
32. How would you describe your fashion concept in 2005?
Well, you wonder why I always dress in black,
Why you never see bright colors on my back,
And why does my appearance seem to have a somber tone.
33. What kept you sane?
They're coming to take me away
34. Which celebrity / public figure did you fancy the most?
Ziggy played guitar
35. Which political issue stirred you the most?
Guns, guns, church, church, fire, fire - muscle in hate.
36. Who did you miss?
I'd Choose Not To Remember
But I Miss Your Arrogance
And I Need Your Intelligence
And Your Hate For Authority
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Nothing moves like a firefly
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005?
I walk the line
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
He was trippin', he was driftin' he was high on life.