computer frustrations - cry for help to the lazyweb
My desktop has been having overheating issues for a while now. I have to leave a floor fan sitting next to the open cabinet or else the CPU overheats almost immediately after starting up. Having now burnt out the motor on a floor fan in this manner, I am asking for help trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with this thing. The CPU is not overclocked, so far as I know. The motherboard temp is fine, and all three fans, including the CPU fan, are running properly. Anyone have any ideas what might be malfunctioning, so that I can try to replace it?