1. How would you describe yourself?
Quiet. Weird. Often silly, frequently creepy.
2. What's your favourite way of self entertaining?
Creation. Nothing else I can do by myself is as satisfying as making something - art, Art, crafts, code, etc. When I'm low on the needed inspiration, I fall back on web-browsing, playstation and reading.
3. You're out on a date with person A, you unexpectedly encounter person B, with whom you also have a relationship - how do you react?
Unless there has been prior agreements to the contrary, I greet B in the same fashion I usually do. Then I continue on with my date with A - if we're going somewhere, we go. My definition of date includes the idea that the primary focus of my attention is the person I am on a date with. I'm not comfortable ignoring or shutting out other partners just because I'm on a date, but depending on the nature of the date, I'm not going to include B in what we're doing either.
4. Why colour your hair, nails the wild colours? What need is being met?
There are several.
- It's a social indicator. My entire life, even as a child, anyone who's talked to me for any length of time has flagged me as "weird". By looking weird, I skip the short conversation time, and read as weird from a distance. This repels the people who wouldn't want anything to do with me anyway, and attracts the attention of other weirdos.
- I find it aesthetically appealing, and I've found I'm a lot more comfortable with myself when I make decisions about my appearance based on what I think looks nice, or pretty, or cool, or whatever, than if I worry about how normal it looks.
- As an unobtrusive introvert, my appearance is my best tool for getting noticed/involved in social situations, or just for getting attention. I tend to feel socially invisible a lot, and dressing loudly is an attempt to address that. I'd been doing it for a while before I really figured this last one out.
5. What was your first impression of me? Has it changed?
I think my first impression was something along the lines of "Aha! The rare Waterloo Computer Geek!". That's definitely still part of my concept of you, but that has had a lot of additions, like "Rat Bastard" (in the best possible way), and "Insightful".