You all know the deal by now.
Comment and I'll give you a topic for either a top five or a top ten.
delerium69 gave me; Top 10 fictional characters you'd love to be (can be any medium)
This one is surprisingly hard - adventures worth reading about or
watching on TV are generally hell to live through. Batman and the
Crow are cool and all, but thier lives *suck*.
- Any of the protagonists from Spider Robinson's Lady Sally books.
They made a big impression on me in my adolescence; part of why I am
the way I am now is me thinking, back then "I want to live like *that*".
- Some miscellaneous inhabitant of Beta Colony from Lois McMaster
Bujold's Miles Vorkosigan books. Horrible things happen to main
characters. Bit players retire to pleasant lives.
- Someone with utility fog! Preferably someone who does not live
under a dystopian totalitarian government, and who is not being hunted
by interstellar assassins.
- Either Spider or Charlie from Gaiman's Anansi Boys; though, if
Charlie, Charlie at the *end* of the book.
- Daemon Sadi from Bishop's Dark Jewels books, because, leather pants.
- While I find the books boring to read, it seems to me that LKH's
Merry Gentry has a pretty good life.
- A Jedi knight in the old republic. Light saber!
- Some B-rate Avenger or Justice League member. I get superpowers
with minimal responsibility, unless there is a big crossover, in which
case I may get killed to impress upon readers how serious the
- An elf. Elves are neat.
- A retired ninja.