Regardless, I've finished my first attempt at modifying a modern dress shirt to give it a more Victorian/steampunk edge (by no means historically accurate, but it works better with a cravat). I also finally cleaned up and edged my cravat, and tried it out after pressing it. The neckline looks much nicer when its been pressed first, and the neck is much more comfortable with the modified shirt.
I still can't sew straight, but that'll come with practice. I also picked up a couple more vests and a nice tie today, so I'm getting to the point where I actually have a few neovictorian/steampunk outfits, particularly once I pick up my Gentleman's Emporium order next week.
It may just be time for a photoshoot, if I can get someone to take pictures for me while I run around and change clothes frequently.
I went to visit my riding boots today, too. The stretching didn't add enough room, so they're going to add a slit and a couple of buckles so I can adjust the top five inches or so. This should give me enough room to tuck various pants into them.
Due to the Snowpocalypse, my date for tonight got cancelled, since neither of us had the energy to leave the house again. Hence the sewing.
Tomorrow will be date rain check, and laundry. Of course, if I don't go to sleep soon, it will *be* tomorrow.
There must have been something in that cake...