- 9. Coyote Kings of the Space Age Bachelor Pad by Minister Faust
- Take one part Tim Powers, one part Kevin Smith three parts just plain awesome, and you have Minister Faust. Why haven't you read this book already? There is plenty of fanboy/geek fodder, weird stuff, relationships, egregious displays of writer-craft, and it's all wrapped up in one enjoyable hell-of-a-ride. This book is good enough that it made me want to hang out in Edmonton.
- 10. ßehemoth by Peter Watts (ebook)
- The last of the rifter books. The last book heaps yet more damage and horror on everyone before bringing things to a satisfying conclusion. On the whole, I do believe that Watts is significantly more of a pessimist than I am. I still enjoyed the series, and will read more Watts as it comes out.
- 11. The Court of the Air by Stephen Hunt
- Like China Mieville if he were more of an optimist. I mean, only a *bit* more. Also, more pulpy, and more steampunky. Magic, steam-powered robot men, airships, political commentary and a few refreshing variations from the classic fantasy/hollywood story elements.
I started with these two recipes: Plain Larded I used the first as my "savoury" base, and the second as my sweet base. I used mostly the…
It has occurred to me that some of the acro stuff I keep talking about doesn't make sense going just on description. So, here's what I am working on…
"Those seeking the truth in matters of wrong-doing have often wished for a method to reliably determine if a witness is lying. The various…