- If I use primer on my eyes before putting on eyeliner, it will actually not run, even with the amount I sweat when dancing!
- I can dance all night in a gi top, because it breathes well. Unlike my old Darth Maul tunic made from heavy polyester.
- I've learned a lot about sewing since I made my long Sith robe for Hallowmas. I spent some time this afternoon going over it, zigzag stitching the seams and reattaching the sleeve I put on inside out the first time. I put it back on inside out again, but now it's harder to tell since the seams are finished better.
- Is it acceptable to glowstick to Industrial/EBM if you're doing it at Dark Rave?
- If the dance floor is entirely empty, does it become acceptable to violate the normal politeness rule about not throwing high kicks on the dance floor?
I dragged myself out to DarkRave this evening, and had a pretty good time. I think a fair number of the more hard core out of high school Dark Rave crew were at BM or something similar - the crowd was a little thin, and there seemed to be fewer 20-somethings; lots of kids and a fair number of the old guard. Holy Joes was Industrial/EBM all night, so I spent most of my time up there, wandering off to glowstick occasionally in the more air-conditioned room to change muscle groups for a bit. The downstairs wasn't bad music-wise, but the crowd were not my people - I haven't seen that much white under black light since... ever.
In any case, that was a good night out. Now, I should go to bed.