Ten most depressing songs. Post your own ten here or in your own LJ.
- The Swans, "God Damn The Sun"
- Rasputina, "A Quitter"
- Nine Inch Nails, "Hurt" (Depending on how old you are, Johnny Cash's version may pack a stronger punch)
- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, "The Weeping Song"
- Joy Division, "Love will Tear Us Apart"
- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, "Song of Joy"
- Tom Waits, "And No One Knows I'm Gone"
- VNV Nation, "Holding On"
- The Smiths, "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me"
- Leonard Cohen, "Famous Blue Raincoat"
Some day I will get around to writing that post on religious imagery in VNV Nation songs.