Apparently, this time I waited too long.
Things I found in the fridge tonight:
- two bunches of celery, one rubbery, the other mummified
- a tub of hummus with an inch thick layer of something clear, yellow, thick and sticky on the outside of the lid
- a jar of pickles with the lid only half screwed on
- a bag of what was once carrots,gone black, sitting in 2 inches of black slime in the crisper drawer
- a bag of grapes, 80% of which were now raisins
- several containers of leftovers turned colours food should never be
- some perfectly intact hot sauce I made a couple years ago
- something dark and leathery in an unsealed package labelled sliced turkey
- a dozen eggs in perfect condition, but poorly balanced on the shelf. I know have 5 eggs in a ziploc.
I should go back and scrub the shelves, but I am Done for the night.